Finally I got my Raptor 2… I had ride about 45 km by now, and this is what I can tell you guys (first impressions)…
- New wheel formula looks Ok (only 45 km), ride is comfortable even on bad roads.
- Size 90 is perfect to me. (I have the 96 and crossover but didnt try it yet).
- Trucks are very good, very responsive, you feel safe, the only but is they are rakeless trucks, I would love some rake trucks. (check this @onloop )
- Bushings are Ok, but I swap them to venom and was a nice upgrade
- Front is very good
- Back is rubber, I dont like rubber riser pads, feels week and fuck (bent) the bolts
- Feels so good on the front foot, I hope it is long lasting!
- Is stiff, just what you need to ride fast as fuck!
- Griptape is awesome, you will feel damn safe
- Very comfortable, tail works perfect
- Handles are so wrong, they are so useless and only make you hate them, until you put some overgrip(tennis) over them, this is a must!!! otherwise they are useless!, the overgrip make you forget about the wrong balance.
- @onloop I will buy really happy new rubber/plastic handles to the R2!!, please think about it!
- Motors are monsters!! they can do whatever you try.
- Very quiet
- Freewheel was not so good, so when you go fast and let go the throttle, motors will slow you down a bit and can make you fall down (@onloop is this normal?)
- Housing is strong and light and very well designed
- There are no battery SAG at all
- After 21 km with some goods uphills remains 30%
- Connection is solid all the time
- Feels cheap
- I have 2 remotes, the one came with the board and another one from black friday sale, both are wrong:
The first one did make my whole experience about the Raptor 2 so horrible, I couldn’t believed, the board was jerky and dangerous, I can only ride the board on SLOW mode, these was because the throttle buttom get stuck forward or backward, so somethimes I was cruising without pushing the throttle, then stucks came again and freewheel was very poor, RSPEC mode was imposible to ride, I got uncontrolable speeds up or brakes try to kill you.
I went to the other remote (black friday one), these was a new world, another board, so smooth and responsive, amazing ride, brakes working perfect, freewheel a lot better, a lot!, RSPECT mode is smooth as silk, (uphill is different because the freewheel as sayd before). Then I went to charge the remote and it was unable to charge! fail!
So as you can read @onloop you did build a premium esk8 but with these remotes the whole experience can sucks badly!
- Premium board
- Smooth as butter
- New wheel formula is working
- Very waterproof (with some minor faults on the back truck)
- Is a beast!
- Damn sexy
- Remote!!! It fucking sucks! (this only can make you pick another board to get, needs a realiable remote)
- Freewheel, so you can let go the throttle in a confident way
- Handles (material and design)
- Back riser pad (needs to be hard with a 1/8" rubber IMO)
TO SALE US
- New Handles
- Color wheels
- Backpack (was very hard go to shopping with the board, weight will destroy you)
- Decks (some big brand deck colaborations, Landyachtz, Zenit, Moonshine)
- Rake Trucks (I will love to see some RONIN colaboration trucks, doesnt need to be precision, just cast RONIN trucks)
- Offroad KIT
TO GIVE US FOR FREE
- New remote, this time premium and reliable one, the one the board deserves!
These are my first impressions, I’m happy but with 2 broken remotes, so I just can ride until my remote will empty his battery.