Why you want a kick-tail on your electric skateboard

kicktail
raptor
maneuverability
instructional
enertionraptor

I’ve been riding skateboards since I was about 7-8 years old, nearly 20 years. My skateboards have always had a kick-tail & I feel naked & scared when I ride a board these days that doesn’t have a kicktail. Every little crack or pebble looks 20x larger without a kick tail under foot that enables you to pop up the front wheels.

Not that long the trend in the longboard market was to make flat decks without any kick-tails, I suppose you don’t really need one if you are flying down a hill in a tuck position trying to be the fastest to the bottom. Fortunately, this “no-kick-tail” trend is slowly fading away as more & more “freeride-style” longboards are being released with kicks & micro kicks.

WHAT IS A KICKTAIL?

It’s when the end of the deck is curved up

As illustrated above, you can also have a nose kick which is great for “Nollie-Tricks”

SO WHAT DOES A KICKTAIL DO?

Lift nose to drop down kerbs & Lifting the nose for tricks or to pop-over cracks and bumps…

Kicking the deck up into your hand

kicking anything on the deck into your hand

In this video below, I demonstrate my favourite reason for having a kick tail on an electric skateboard

MANEUVERABILITY

Other than the Raptor 2, what pre-built electric skateboard has a kicktail?

From what i know:

Genesis.
Acton (slightly).
Lou board
Evolve One (with a motor below it)
Yuneec E-Go
Fiik (or all those other big AT chinese boards)

I’m sure there’s more but yea here you go.

this is why you need to kick tail … because you need it! :wink:

Metroboard Shortboard and Metroboard Gravity also have kicktails. My Shortboard is my favourite board because of the kicktails and the handle on the front. You can kick it up into your hand